NCC (National Cadet Corps)
The college is committed towards social and national responsibilities; bearing this in mind, we have raised the NCC army unit of the strength of 60 cadets. NCC has helped in inculcation in the cadets a spirits of courage, confidence, self-reliance, selfless service, a feeling of patriotism, faith in oneself, power of thought and adjustment which are essential to make the youth disciplined and dutiful. With its motto of “Unity and Discipline”, the NCC has become instrumental in moulding the character and imparting in our students a dynamic outlook during their college education.
National Cadet Corps Report
Annual Report: 2016-17
Doshi Vakil Arts and G.C.U.B. Science and Commerce College, Goregaon – Raigad have NCC unit attached to 2 MAH.ENGR.REGT.NCC, IIT Powai, Mumbai. NCC imparts qualities of Social and National responsibilities like Character, courage, leadership, patriotism discipline, secular outlook, spirit of adventure and sportsmanship among the cadets. NCC also helps cadets for career opportunities in Defense Services, Police Department and Civil Service Examinations.
Enrollment: For the academic year 2016-17, total of 51 cadets are enrolled as follows:
|SW (Girls)||SD (Boys)||Total|
|Second Year (B-Cet)||04||14||18|
|Third Year (C-Cet)||06||06||12|
Service Training: To develop above mentioned qualities among cadets, NCC unit of this institute constantly organizes various activities along with Service Training on every Tuesday. Cadets are trained with army drill, map reading, general knowledge, study of army weapons, environment, human diseases etc.
- International Yoga Day: on 21st June 2016, International Yoga Day is celebrated in the College. All NCC cadets practiced yoga and also guided other students.
- Disaster Management Workshop: NCC cadets participated in this workshop at Tatkare College, Mangaon; on 30th June 2016 where cadets get trained for management during natural disasters particularly floods and fire by the Jawans of State Disaster Management Unit.
- Plantation Program: College have been conducting Mallikarjun Green Hill project under which NCC cadets actively participated and planted plantlets at Malliarjun Hill situated in the vicinity of Goregaon town on 1st July 2016.
- Guard of Honor: Com. Brigadier Rajnish Singh visited 2 MAH NCC unit at IIT Powai on 12th August 2016. During visit he received Guard of Honor by NCC cadets of this College. 13 cadets performed this ceremony and it was well appreciated by Brigadier Rajnish Singh.
- Independent Day: College NCC unit participated in Independence Day (15th August 2106) parade held at Jijamata Ground, Goregaon.
- Marathon: NCC cadets worked as volunteers in Marathon organized by Rotary Club, Goregaon on the occasion of Independence Day where they helped organizers in controlling traffic and water distribution. NCC cadets were appreciated by giving certificates by the organizers.
- Police Mitra: NCC cadets helped Police Department on the occasion of Ganesh Festival where cadets controlled traffic at Lonera, National Highway.
- Gardening: In an effort to develop sense of caring towards plants and environment, NCC cadets carried out activity of gardening on 20th September 2016 in the College garden.
- Helping Hand to Senior Citizens: on 8th November 2016 Government of India executed the disition of Demonetization which results into long queues and rush in bank and ATMs’ premises. NCC cadets volunteer to help senior citizens who follow long queues for hours by proving them water, filling their pension forms, deposit slips etc. This activity was conducted on 19th November 2016.
- Annual Training Camp: It held at 2 MAH.ENGR.REGT. IIT Powai, Mumbai; between 1st December to 10th December 2016. Twenty two cadets from this college participated in this camp. Cadets carried out activities of drill training, weapon training, Guard of Honor, map reading, firing etc. Lectures of topics like National Integration, Sustainable Development, History of Indian Wars and Army are conducted by CO and ANOs. Various sports and cultural competitions also organized and our cadets grabbed many prizes as follows:
- Voters’ awareness rally: the College NCC unit have organized and executed well disciplined rally through Goregaon town for creating voting awareness among citizens of Goregaon.
- Republic Day: on the occasion of Republican Day (26th January 2107) all NCC cadets participated in parade at Jijamata Ground, Goregaon.
Annual Training Camp – 2016 Prizes:
|Sr. No.||Name of Cadet||Prize/Rank||Competition|
|1.||Bhavesh Tukaram Korpe||
Guard of Honor
|2.||Vaibhav Vasant More|
|3.||Rahul Shantaram Manave|
|4.||Raju Shantam Gothal|
|5.||Faujan Shaukat Rahatwilkar|
|6.||Anket Ashok Karkare|
|7.||Bhavesh Tukaram Korpe||1st||Drill test (SD)|
|8.||Akshaya Vijay Jangam||1st||Drill test (SW)|
|9.||Shalini Chandrakant Ghag||2nd||Drill test (SW)|
|10.||Shrutika Sanjay Cherfale||1st||Firing|
|11.||Suchita Surykant More||2nd||Firing|
|13.||AnketAshok Karkare||2nd||Obstacle (SD)|
|14.||AnketAshok Karkare||2nd||Cross Counrty (SD)|
|15.||Pratik Gothal||3rd||Cross Counrty (SD)|
|16.||ShaliniChandrakantGhag||2nd||Cross Counrty (SW)|
|17.||AnkitaVijay Jangam||3rd||Cross Counrty (SW)|
|19.||Anket Ashok Karkare|
|20.||Vaibhav Vasant More|
|26.||Prathmesh Dipak Bade|
Result of B and C Certificate Examination 2015-16:
|A Grade||B Grade||C Grade||Result (%)|
|B – Cet||04||06||02||100|
|C – Cet||04||05||01||100|
Asst.Prof. Pawar R.L.