The objectives of Department of Mathematics are:
- To provide students with a strong foundation in mathematical knowledge and skills, including both theoretical and applied mathematics.
- To develop analytical, critical thinking skills, mathematical reasoning skills and problem-solving abilities through the study of mathematics.
- To promote mathematical literacy and appreciation for the beauty and utility of mathematics within the broader community.
- To engage in outreach activities to promote mathematics education and awareness at all levels, from 10+2 to undergraduate.
- To encourage students for further study and research in mathematics or related fields.
- To support interdisciplinary research and collaboration with other departments and fields.
- To contribute to the advancement of mathematical knowledge through research and collaboration.
- To start B.Sc. Mathematics programme in the institute.
Overall, the goal of a mathematics department is to provide a high-quality education in mathematics, advance the field through research and collaboration, and promote mathematical literacy and awareness within the broader community, while maintaining a culture of inclusivity and academic excellence.